1. Cory Silverberg – Cory’s book “What Makes a Baby” has touched families of all kinds and we are excited to welcome him. His keynote address is titled: All in the Telling: Making Space for Stories We Can’t Even Imagine Who wouldn’t want to hear that?
2. William Way Center – We’ve teamed up with with the William Way LGBT Community Center to bring this conference to the heart of Philadelphia and the Gayborhood. Easily accessible by public transportation and near many LGBT owned small businesses like Woody’s, Tavern on Camac and Giovanni’s Room!
3. Camp Highlight – Once again PFP will be offering childcare for children 3-11 yrs. old, but this year it will be run by the good folks from Camp Highlight, an overnight camp for kids with LGBT parents.
4. Food – Your registration includes breakfast and lunch! Vegan and gluten-free options available.
5. Workshops – There is something for everyone in the wide range of workshop topics. Prospective parents, trans* parents, new parents and seasoned parents will all find helpful resources!
6. Lip Balm – Maybe this is a silly thing to be excited about, but there will be PFP-labeled lip balm in the conference bags. How neat is that?Can you guess what flavor we chose?
7. Sponsors – We’ve got a great list of sponsors that are helping make all this available to the community at a low price! ($25/person for PFP members and $35/person for non-members) If this is out of your reach, scholarships are available. Please register!
8. Experts – There will be reproductive, legal, and mental health experts sharing their knowledge and advice. Hear directly from leaders in the field and challenge them with your excellent questions.
9. Peer-to-Peer Networking – There will be parents who have/are going/gone through a similar journey to yours. Swap stories and create community! (Same is true for the kids in the kids zone, too!)
10. Socialize! – After all that learning and making new friends there will be an informal gathering at a nearby restaurant (Westbury Bar & Restaurant). Exchange information with other families and keep these new relationships going!